Neighbor to Neighbor: COVID-19 Emergency Response Plan
MYRTLE BEACH, SC – As South Carolina enters a state of emergency due to COVID-19, Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) has enacted its emergency response plan. N2N’s administration has responded swiftly to coordinate a comprehensive plan of action that protects the safety and well-being of our clients, volunteers, and staff, while also providing for community’s transportation needs where possible.
Effective Monday, March 16th until further notice, N2N will operate on a limited basis. Clients will be asked to limit ride requests to critical needs only, and all in-person trainings and social gatherings will be postponed. N2N staff will reach out to both clients and volunteers to ensure that all parties remain in good health. If any member of the client or volunteer’s household has experienced COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, fatigue, shortness of breath), visited a high risk area, or been in contact with a COVID-19 patient in the past 14 days, the ride cannot proceed. N2N intends to remain active in supporting aging in place with transportation to appointments not associated with communicable disease; however, scheduling may be impacted if volunteer drivers are unable to serve.
Please keep an eye on N2N’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/riden2n) and the N2N blog (www.riden2n.org/blog) for further updates, as our response plan will continue to evolve as the COVID-19 situation unfolds. N2N staff will continue to be available at (843) 839-0702 during normal business hours, but call volume may be high. The standard answering machine system is in place, and staff will make every effort to return calls.
N2N will continue to monitor the latest news about COVID-19 closely and keep everyone informed of our status. We know our homebound neighbors depend on our program, and our staff is working extra hours to ensure we can continue to provide clients with ways to safely meet their transportation and social needs even in this time of crisis.
Additional resources for COVID-19 information:
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC): https://scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
• SCDHEC Care Line: 1-855-472-3432
• Brunswick County Public Health website: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/coronavirus-call-line/
• Brunswick County Public Health Call line: 1-910-253-2339
• Tidelands Health Coronavirus Information Center: https://www.tidelandshealth.org/coronavirus