Neighbor to Neighbor: COVID-19 Phase Two Response
MYRTLE BEACH, SC – As South Carolina opens up businesses, medical facilities, and shopping locations, Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) has closely monitored these developments. Since enacting N2N’s emergency response plan, N2N’s board of directors has approved Phase Two of policies regarding rides and more.
As of June 1, 2020, N2N is implementing Phase Two with guidance on:
- PPE training, certification, and validation on each ride
- Commitment to guidelines established by the CDC
- Ensuring destinations chosen by riders are practicing and enforcing PPE, social distancing, and guidelines set forth by the CDC
- Zero tolerance policy for knowingly disobeying PPE protocol and social distancing
The most important focal points for N2N’s Phase Two of operations are the safety of passengers, preventing the spread of COVID-19 through best practices, and creating a sanitary and safe environment. Riders may now request transportation to essential medical appointments. Requests for non-essential destinations are vetted case-by-case. Staff will determine eligibility of a particular ride request based on social distancing and PPE compliance. N2N’s office will continue to be closed, and the workforce will continue to work remotely.
Additional services have been provided as a result of COVID-19: Pantry and Grocery/Pharmacy Drop-offs and Telephone Reassurance. In partnership with local food pantry and meal prep sites, N2N volunteers are providing food to homebound seniors unable to shop due to COVID-19. Also, N2N volunteers are providing telephone reassurance to N2N clients to ensure their basic needs are being met and to check in during these isolating times for those unable to leave their homes.
For more information about how you can apply for services or help volunteer with Neighbor to Neighbor, visit our application page here (https://riden2n.org/covid-19-applications/), call staff at (843) 839-0702, message us via Facebook.com/riden2n, or email email@example.com. N2N staff is excited and eager to have you assist your fellow neighbor during Phase Two by helping with telephone check-ins, food delivery, and/or rides to essential medical appointments.
N2N will continue to monitor the latest news about COVID-19 closely and keep everyone informed of our status. We know our homebound neighbors depend on our program, and our staff is working extra hours to ensure we can continue to provide clients with ways to safely meet their transportation and social needs even in this time of isolation.
Additional resources for COVID-19 information:
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC): https://scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
• SCDHEC Care Line: 1-855-472-3432
• Brunswick County Public Health website: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/coronavirus-call-line/
• Brunswick County Public Health Call line: 1-910-253-2339
• Tidelands Health Coronavirus Information Center: https://www.tidelandshealth.org/coronavirus